Skip to main content

Take Your Place

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power
outflowing from His resurrection.
– Philippians 3:10, The Amplified
Bible

The more you fellowship with God around His Word, the more you’ll know the “power outflowing from His resurrection.” You’ll develop joy. You’ll develop faith. You’ll start developing God’s own characteristics...just by fellowshiping with Him. You’ll begin to understand who you really are in Jesus.

I remember one day I was reading the story of the woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of Jesus’ garment and was healed.

I’d read the story many times and pictured myself as almost everyone in the story, just experiencing how it would feel to be someone in the crowd or even the one who was healed.

Suddenly God spoke to my spirit and said, Read that again and this time picture yourself as the one wearing the garment.

I was stunned. “Lord,” I said, “how can I do that? I can’t take Your place!”

That’s just what’s wrong with the Body of Christ, He told me. That’s the reason the world doesn’t know anything about Jesus. You identify with everyone except Me. But I sent you to be My witnesses, to imitate Me, to stand in My place...not
everyone else’s!

So, I read that story again. This time I pictured myself in the role of the one with the Anointing of the Holy Ghost. Instead of crawling up to touch the hem of His garment, I was the one wearing the garment, freely giving what God had given me. After all, the Bible does say, “Clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Do you know who scares the devil most of all? Believers who’ve found out they can do that. Believers who, instead of begging for a little touch from Jesus, are letting His very life flow out to others.

Come on, give the devil a scare. Fellowship with your Father around the Word and start discovering who you really are today.

Scripture Reading: Luke 8:40-48

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SETTLED SOUL

  Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 1:2 The state of one's mind [ soul ] determines his/her place in destiny. In life people are forced to bow to pair pressure or any other kind of pressure when they don't have a stable mind, or let's say the person have identity issue.  When Satan tempted Christ Jesus on His way from the wilderness after forty days prayer and fasting, what was the first question he asked Him? "if thou be the Son of God" if Jesus had had identity issue, he would have fallen for temptation in the view to show off, as a result lost His place and purpose. Knowing fully well that God had said, "... Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." Lk. 3:22. Before embarking on the wilderness expenditure.  When you know who you are in the Word of God and are established in it; you wouldn't bow to the pressure of the world, because you see things differently....

PROSPER

 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 1:2. The mind consist of one's will, intellect and emotions; which is the soul of man. At salvation the spirit of man; which is also referred to as the heart gets quickened or made alive (But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible,... ) 1 Peter 3:4  The heart is saved, the soul is not. You [we] have a duty to save our soul; and it has to be done through studying the word and meditating upon the word, that's when the transformation of mind/soul begins. Romans 12:2  "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." As you spend more time in the Word of God; like a mirror you beginning to see your true identity from it. This is the reason we are admonished to study the Word of God. Satan knows this, so he tries...

WE KNOW

  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14 Love is the authentic proof of our salvation. Of course there are different types of love; but I am talking about the Agape love (the God kind of Love). In life you will come across different kind of people even amongst friends and family that will challenge your love walk, tempting you act ugly. But you always find out that there is this strength within that makes you love them all the same. It does not mean you wouldn't be angry. The scripture say, be yea angry and sin not. It's just for a moment, and you'd be right back with your love walk. When you're angry and it's allowed to linger over a period of time, you need to examine yourself, you may have drifted off alittle and if allowed to linger, you will be a long way off-course, and a long way from home (in Christ). Be quick to forgive and love, as it is the proof of life....